My lights

My photo
I am Syron:) Learn to love, not love to learn; Hate to learn but not learn to hate. Have AWESOME classmates with extraawedinary thinking in 2 Integrity Class of 2011=]

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Learning Log 7

Since April, we are given the assignment of acting out Romeo and Juliet Act 1 Scene 5 after our September holidays. The time given for this assignment was enough and the effort needed for this assignment is extremely high. This Assignment requires the Teamwork of all team members. Without teawork, the assignment cannot be completed. As this assignment would take up 70% of our final year results, we need to put in our utmost effort to complete the assignment.

From this assignment, I learnt many things. Other than teamwork, I have also learnt time management and organisation skills. Talking about time management, it is also the highest level of difficulty we have come across in this assignment. Because we have to find a time slot that everyone in the group that can attend. Including the Props and Costumes management in charge, because the person have to choose the costumes that suits every member in the act. In my opinion, the person needs knowledge on the characters in Romeo and Juliet. Secondly, the director in the play is extremely important. It has the responsibilty to arrange meetings and rehearsals for the team members. The director also has to teach the actors when and where to come in from. In my opinion, my director, Yee Lin has done a great job in this act. When it comes to organisation, it is also opinion. Because without organisation, some props may be missed out and maybe some props may be redundant as some team members thought that they must do something, while didn't know that someone has already done that thing. Teamwork comes in when all of us have to know our roles, when are where to come in. Somethings can only be done with teamwork.

The second difficulty that we faced is the remembering of lines. I, the servingman although has only one line, but I have to know when and where to come in, and what to do when i come in. I will have to take note of my body posture and my facial expression because we are being filmed. But I think that the four main characters, Romeo, Juliet, Capulet and Tybalt are the most important in this act. They have the most lines and they have to spend much time on memorising the lines. They have to also take note of their body postures and facial expressions because they might be nervous in front of the audiences and the camara. They might also forget they lines throughout the play, but in my group, Romeo(Jia Yi), Juliet(Faisha), Capulet( Kae Chuan) and Tybalt(Ken) have done a great job in this act. The nurse(Rui Yun), and cousin(Kaiyisah) have done great as well. Although Benvolio( Chung Seng) have only one line, but i think that he have performed well in the act as he projected his voice clearly and with tone. I am looking forward to a positive feelings when we know our result for the act.

I have learnt many things in this assignment. Teamwork, time management and organisation as well. There are also times we joke around with each other, which have also somehow boosted our friendship with each other.So with all these benefits, I think that our fellow juniors should have this assignment as well. I honestly think that the juniors this year can handle this assignment well. They can, they should and they must have this assignment, so their fellow seniors can watch them perform next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment